numpy.ndarray.fill() method is used to fill the numpy array with a scalar value.
If we have to initialize a numpy array with an identical value then we use numpy.ndarray.fill(). Suppose we have to create a NumPy array a of length n, each element of which is v. Then we use this function as a.fill(v). We need not use loops to initialize an array if we are using this
Syntax : ndarray.fill(value)
value : All elements of a will be assigned this value.
a is : [[ 1. 1. 1.] [ 1. 1. 1.] [ 1. 1. 1.]] After using fill() a is : [[ 1. 1. 1.] [ 1. 1. 1.] [ 1. 1. 1.]]
a is [0 1 2 3 4] Now a is : [0 0 0 0 0]
Code #3: numpy.ndarray.fill() also works on multidimensional array.
a is : [[ 0. 0. 0.] [ 0. 0. 0.] [ 0. 0. 0.]]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.