numpy.nanargmax(array, axis = None) : Returns indices of the max element of the array in a particular axis ignoring NaNs.
The results cannot be trusted if a slice contains only NaNs and Infs.
array : Input array to work on axis : [int, optional]Along a specified axis like 0 or 1
Array of indices into the array with same shape as array.shape with the dimension along axis removed.
Code 1 :
INPUT ARRAY 1 : [nan, 4, 2, 3, 1] Indices of max in array1 : 1 INPUT ARRAY 2 : [[ nan 4.] [ 1. 3.]] Indices of max in array2 : 1 Indices at axis 1 of array2 : [1 1]
Code 2 : Comparing working of argmax and nanargmax
INPUT ARRAY : [[8, 13, 5, 0], [16, nan, 5, 3], [nan, 7, 15, 15], [3, 11, 4, 12]] Indices of max using argmax : [2 1 2 2] Indices of max using nanargmax : : [1 0 2 2]
These codes won’t run on online-ID. Please run them on your systems to explore the working.
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- chr() in Python
- zip() in Python
- Python PIP
- SHA in Python