numpy.MaskedArray.median() function is used to compute the median along the specified axis of a masked array.It returns the median of the array elements.
numpy.ma.median(arr, axis=None, out=None, overwrite_input=False, keepdims=False)
arr : [ ndarray ] Input masked array.
axis :[ int, optional] Axis along which the median is computed. The default (None) is to compute the median over the flattened array.
dtype : [dtype, optional] Type of the returned array, as well as of the accumulator in which the elements are multiplied.
out : [ndarray, optional] A location into which the result is stored.
-> If provided, it must have a shape that the inputs broadcast to.
-> If not provided or None, a freshly-allocated array is returned.
overwrite_input :[bool, optional] If True, then allow use of memory of input array for calculations. The input array will be modified by the call to median. This will save memory when you do not need to preserve the contents of the input array. Treat the input as undefined, but it will probably be fully or partially sorted. Default is False. Note that, if overwrite_input is True, and the input is not already an ndarray, an error will be raised.
keepdims :[ bool, optional] If this is set to True, the axes which are reduced are left in the result as dimensions with size one. With this option, the result will broadcast correctly against the input array.
Return : [median_along_axis, ndarray] A new array holding the result is returned unless out is specified, in which case a reference to out is returned.
Code #1 :
Input array : [[ 1 2] [ 3 -1] [ 5 -3]] Masked array : [[-- 2] [-- -1] [5 -3]] median of masked array along default axis : 0.5
Code #2 :
Input array : [[1 0 3] [4 1 6]] Masked array : [[1 0 3] [4 1 --]] median of masked array along 0 axis : [2.5 0.5 3.0] median of masked array along 1 axis : [1.0 2.5]
- Python | numpy.cov() function
- Numpy recarray.mean() function | Python
- Numpy recarray.max() function | Python
- Numpy MaskedArray.std() function | Python
- Numpy recarray.put() function | Python
- Python | Numpy nanmedian() function
- Numpy MaskedArray.var() function | Python
- Python | numpy.issctype() function
- Numpy recarray.dot() function | Python
- Numpy MaskedArray.any() function | Python
- Python | numpy.copyto() function
- Python | numpy.nanmean() function
- Python | numpy.issubdtype() function
- Python | numpy.issubsctype() function
- Numpy recarray.min() function | Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.