numpy.log2(arr, out = None, *, where = True, casting = ‘same_kind’, order = ‘K’, dtype = None, ufunc ‘log1p’) :
This mathematical function helps user to calculate Base-2 logarithm of x where x belongs to all the input array elements.
array : [array_like]Input array or object. out : [ndarray, optional]Output array with same dimensions as Input array, placed with result. **kwargs : Allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function. where : [array_like, optional]True value means to calculate the universal functions(ufunc) at that position, False value means to leave the value in the output alone.
An array with Base-2 logarithmic value of x; where x belongs to all elements of input array.
Code 1 : Working
Input array : [1, 3, 5, 256] Output array : [ 0. 1.5849625 2.32192809 8. ] np.log2(4**4) : 8.0 np.log2(2**8) : 8.0
Code 2 : Graphical representation
out_array : [ 0. 0.26303441 0.48542683 0.67807191 0.84799691 1. ]
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- max() and min() in Python
- SQL using Python | Set 1
- Any & All in Python
- Python | a += b is not always a = a + b
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.