numpy.load() function return the input array from a disk file with npy extension(.npy).
Syntax : numpy.load(file, mmap_mode=None, allow_pickle=True, fix_imports=True, encoding=’ASCII’)
file : : file-like object, string, or pathlib.Path.The file to read. File-like objects must support the seek() and read() methods.
mmap_mode : If not None, then memory-map the file, using the given mode (see numpy.memmap for a detailed
description of the modes).
allow_pickle : Allow loading pickled object arrays stored in npy files.
fix_imports : Only useful when loading Python 2 generated pickled files on Python 3,which includes npy/npz files containing object arrays.
encoding : Only useful when loading Python 2 generated pickled files in Python 3, which includes npy/npz files containing object arrays.
Returns : Data stored in the file. For .npz files, the returned instance of NpzFile class must be closed to avoid leaking file descriptors.
Code #1 : Working
a is: [0, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4] the array is saved in the file geekfile.npy b is: [0, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4] b is printed from geekfile.npy
a is: [0 1 2 1 2 3 2 3 4] b is: [1 2 3] a and b are stored in geekfile.npz after loading... a is: [0 1 2 1 2 3 2 3 4] b is: [1 2 3]
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- max() and min() in Python
- Python Try Except
- chr() in Python
- set add() in python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.