numpy.divide(arr1, arr2, out = None, where = True, casting = ‘same_kind’, order = ‘K’, dtype = None) :
Array element from first array is divided by elements from second element (all happens element-wise). Both arr1 and arr2 must have same shape and element in arr2 must not be zero; otherwise it will raise an error.
arr1 : [array_like]Input array or object which works as dividend.
arr2 : [array_like]Input array or object which works as divisor.
out : [ndarray, optional]Output array with same dimensions as Input array,
placed with result.
**kwargs : allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function.
It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function.
where : [array_like, optional]True value means to calculate the universal
functions(ufunc) at that position, False value means to leave the
value in the output alone.
An array with arr1/arr2(element-wise) as elements of output array.
Code 1 : arr1 divide by arr2 elements
arr1 : [2, 27, 2, 21, 23] arr2 : [2, 3, 4, 5, 6] Output array : [ 1. 9. 0.5 4.2 3.83333333]
Code 2 : elements of arr1 divided by divisor
arr1 : [2, 27, 2, 21, 23] Output array : [ 0.66666667 9. 0.66666667 7. 7.66666667]
Code 3 : warning if arr2 has element = 0
arr1 : [2, 27, 2, 21, 23] arr2 : [2, 3, 0, 5, 6] Output array : [ 1. 9. inf 4.2 3.83333333] RuntimeWarning: divide by zero encountered in true_divide out = np.power(arr1, arr2)
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python vs PHP
- Python Set | pop()
- abs() in Python
- gcd() in Python
- Python PIP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.