numpy.core.defchararray.count(arr, substring, start=0, end=None): Counts for the non-overlapping occurence of sub-string in the specified range.
arr : array-like or string to be searched.
substring : substring to search for.
start, end : [int, optional] Range to search in.
Returns : An integer array with the number of non-overlapping occurrences of sub-string.
arr : ['vdsdsttetteteAAAa', 'AAAAAAAaattttds', 'AAaaxxxxtt', 'AAaaXDSDdscz'] Count of 'tt' [2 2 1 0] Count of 'tt' [2 2 1 0] Count of 'tt' [1 2 1 0]
arr : ['vdsdsttetteteAAAa', 'AAAAAAAaattttds', 'AAaaxxxxtt', 'AAaaXDSDdscz'] Count of 'Aa' [1 1 1 1] Count of 'Aa' [1 0 0 0]
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python Set | pop()
- set add() in python
- Use of min() and max() in Python
- bin() in Python
- SHA in Python
- max() and min() in Python
- Any & All in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.