numpy.copysign(arr1, arr2, out = None, where = True, casting = ‘same_kind’, order = ‘K’, dtype = None) : This mathematical function helps user to change the sign of arr1 and arr2. Both arr1 or arr2 can be either list/sequence or a scalar value. If sequence, both must have same dimension; otherwise arr2 can be a scalar value.
arr1 : [array_like]Input array, values to change sign of.
arr2 : [array_like]Input array, values to change sign of.
out : [ndarray, optional]Output array with same dimensions as Input array, placed with result.
**kwargs : Allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function.
where : [array_like, optional]True value means to calculate the universal functions(ufunc) at that position, False value means to leave the value in the output alone.
Return : x1 with sign of x2.
arr1 : [1, -23, 34, 11] arr2 : [-1, 2, -3, -4] Check sign of arr1 : [False True False False] Check sign of arr2 : [False True False False] Check for copysign : [ True False True True]
Check sign of arr2 : [False True False False] Check for copysign : [ True True True True]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.