numpy.copysign(arr1, arr2, out = None, where = True, casting = ‘same_kind’, order = ‘K’, dtype = None) : This mathematical function helps user to change the sign of arr1 and arr2. Both arr1 or arr2 can be either list/sequence or a scalar value. If sequence, both must have same dimension; otherwise arr2 can be a scalar value.
arr1 : [array_like]Input array, values to change sign of.
arr2 : [array_like]Input array, values to change sign of.
out : [ndarray, optional]Output array with same dimensions as Input array, placed with result.
**kwargs : Allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function.
where : [array_like, optional]True value means to calculate the universal functions(ufunc) at that position, False value means to leave the value in the output alone.
Return : x1 with sign of x2.
arr1 : [1, -23, 34, 11] arr2 : [-1, 2, -3, -4] Check sign of arr1 : [False True False False] Check sign of arr2 : [False True False False] Check for copysign : [ True False True True]
Check sign of arr2 : [False True False False] Check for copysign : [ True True True True]
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Any & All in Python
- Python vs PHP
- max() and min() in Python
- Python Set | pop()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.