numpy.asscalar() function is used when we want to convert an array of size 1 to its scalar equivalent.
Syntax : numpy.asscalar(arr)
arr : [ndarray] Input array of size 1.
Return : Scalar representation of arr. The output data type is the same type returned by the input’s item method.
Code #1 : Working
Input array :  output scalar from input array : 8
Code #2 :
Input array from list :  output scalar from input list : 2
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- chr() in Python
- abs() in Python
- bin() in Python
- zip() in Python
- SHA in Python
- max() and min() in Python
- Any & All in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.