numpy.asarray_chkfinite() function is used when we want to convert the input to an array, checking for NaNs (Not A Number) or Infs(Infinities). Input includes scalar, lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples, tuples of lists and ndarrays.
Syntax : numpy.asarray_chkfinite(arr, dtype=None, order=None)
arr : [array_like] Input data, in any form that can be converted to an float type array. This includes scalar, lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples, tuples of lists and ndarrays.
dtype : By default, the data-type is inferred from the input data.
order : Whether to use row-major (C-style) or column-major (Fortran-style) memory representation. Defaults to ‘C’.
Return : [ndarray] Array interpretation of arr. No copy is performed if the input is already ndarray. If arr is a subclass of ndarray, a base class ndarray is returned.
Code #1 : List to array
Input list : [1, 3, 5, 7, 9] output array from input list : [ 1. 3. 5. 7. 9.]
Code #2 : Tuple to array
Input tuple : ([1, 3, 9], [8, 2, 6]) output array from input tuple : [[1 3 9] [8 2 6]]
numpy.asarray_chkfinite() function raises
ValueError if arr contains NaN (Not a Number) or Inf (Infinity).
Code #3 :
ValueError: array must not contain infs or NaNs
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Use of min() and max() in Python
- Python Set | pop()
- bin() in Python
- pow() in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.