numpy.asarray()function is used when we want to convert input to an array. Input can be lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples, tuples of lists and ndarrays.
Syntax : numpy.asarray(arr, dtype=None, order=None)
arr : [array_like] Input data, in any form that can be converted to an array. This includes lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples, tuples of lists and ndarrays.
dtype : [data-type, optional] By default, the data-type is inferred from the input data.
order : Whether to use row-major (C-style) or column-major (Fortran-style) memory representation. Defaults to ‘C’.
Return : [ndarray] Array interpretation of arr. No copy is performed if the input is already ndarray with matching dtype and order. If arr is a subclass of ndarray, a base class ndarray is returned.
Code #1 : List to array
Input list : [1, 3, 5, 7, 9] output array from input list : [1 3 5 7 9]
Code #2 : Tuple to array
Input touple : ([1, 3, 9], [8, 2, 6]) output array from input touple : [[1 3 9] [8 2 6]]
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- chr() in Python
- SQL using Python | Set 1
- Python | a += b is not always a = a + b
- max() and min() in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.