numpy.asanyarray()function is used when we want to convert input to an array but it pass ndarray subclasses through. Input can be scalars, lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples, tuples of lists and ndarrays.
Syntax : numpy.asanyarray(arr, dtype=None, order=None)
arr : [array_like] Input data, in any form that can be converted to an array. This includes scalars, lists, lists of tuples, tuples, tuples of tuples, tuples of lists, and ndarrays.
dtype : [data-type, optional] By default, the data-type is inferred from the input data.
order : Whether to use row-major (C-style) or column-major (Fortran-style) memory representation. Defaults to ‘C’.
Return : [ndarray or an ndarray subclass] Array interpretation of arr. If arr is ndarray or a subclass of ndarray, it is returned as-is and no copy is performed.
Code #1 : List to array
Input list : [1, 3, 5, 7, 9] output array from input list : [1 3 5 7 9]
Code #2 : Tuple to array
Input tuple : ([1, 3, 9], [8, 2, 6]) output array from input tuple : [[1 3 9] [8 2 6]]
Code #3 : Scalar to array
Input scalar : 12 output array from input scalar : 12 class 'numpy.ndarray'
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- zip() in Python
- SHA in Python
- abs() in Python
- Any & All in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SujithSagar