arange([start,] stop[, step,][, dtype]) : Returns an array with evenly spaced elements as per the interval. The interval mentioned is half opened i.e. [Start, Stop)
start : [optional] start of interval range. By default start = 0 stop : end of interval range step : [optional] step size of interval. By default step size = 1, For any output out, this is the distance between two adjacent values, out[i+1] - out[i]. dtype : type of output array
Array of evenly spaced values. Length of array being generated = Ceil((Stop - Start) / Step)
A [[0 1] [2 3]] A [4 5 6 7 8 9] A [ 4 7 10 13 16 19]
These NumPy-Python programs won’t run on onlineID, so run them on your systems to explore them.
The advantage of numpy.arange() over the normal in-built range() function is that it allows us to generate sequences of numbers that are not integers. For example
[1. 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9]
If you try it with the range() function, you get a TypeError.
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
Improved By : AshwinShenoy