numpy.apply_along_axis(1d_func, axis, array, *args, **kwargs) : helps us to apply a required function to 1D slices of the given array.
1d_func(ar, *args) : works on 1-D arrays, where ar is 1D slice of arr along axis.
1d_func : the required function to perform over 1D array. It can only be applied in 1D slices of input array and that too along a particular axis. axis : required axis along which we want input array to be sliced array : Input array to work on *args : Additional arguments to 1D_function **kwargs : Additional arguments to 1D_function
What *args and **kwargs actually are ?
Both of these allow you to pass a variable no. of arguments to the function.
*args : allow to send a non-keyword variable length argument list to the function.
use of args : [3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
**kwargs : allows you to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. It is used when we want to handle named argument in a function.
in1: geeks in2: No. in3: 1
Code 1 : Python code explaining the use of numpy.apply_along_axis().
axis=0 : [ 8 10 12] axis=1 : [ 4 10 16]
Code 2 : Sorting using apply_along_axis() in NumPy Python
Sorted as per axis 1 : [[1 7 8] [3 4 9] [2 5 6]] Sorted as per axis 0 : [[4 1 6] [5 2 7] [8 3 9]]
These NumPy-Python programs won’t run on onlineID, so run them on your systems to explore them
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2