numpy.amin(arr, axis = None, out = None, keepdims = <class numpy._globals._NoValue>) returns minimum of an array or minimum along axis(if mentioned).
- arr : [array_like]input data
- axis : [int or tuples of int]axis along which we want the min value. Otherwise, it will consider arr to be flattened.
- out : [ndarray, optional]Alternative output array in which to place the result
- keepdmis : [boolean, optional]If this is set to True, the axes which are reduced are left in
the result as dimensions with size one. With this option, the result will broadcast correctly against
the input array. If the default value is passed, then keepdims will not be passed through to the all
method of sub-classes of ndarray, however any non-default value will be. If the sub-classes sum method
does not implement keepdims any exceptions will be raised.
Minimum of array – arr[ndarray or scalar], scalar if axis is None;
the result is an array of dimension a.ndim – 1, if axis is mentioned.
arr : [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7] Min of arr : 0 arr : [[0 1 2 3 4] [5 6 7 8 9]] Min of arr, axis = None : 0 Min of arr, axis = 0 : [0 1 2 3 4] Min of arr, axis = 1 : [0 5]
These codes won’t run on online-ID. Please run them on your systems to explore the working
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- try-except vs If in Python
- SHA in Python
- Python Set | pop()
- C Vs Python