numpy.add() function is used when we want to compute the addition of two array. It add arguments element-wise. If shape of two arrays are not same, that is
arr1.shape != arr2.shape, they must be broadcastable to a common shape (which may be the shape of one or the other).
Syntax : numpy.add(arr1, arr2, /, out=None, *, where=True, casting=’same_kind’, order=’K’, dtype=None, subok=True[, signature, extobj], ufunc ‘add’)
arr1 : [array_like or scalar] Input array.
arr2 : [array_like or scalar] Input array.
out : [ndarray, optional] A location into which the result is stored.
-> If provided, it must have a shape that the inputs broadcast to.
-> If not provided or None, a freshly-allocated array is returned.
where : [array_like, optional] Values of True indicate to calculate the ufunc at that position, values of False indicate to leave the value in the output alone.
**kwargs :Allows to pass keyword variable length of argument to a function. Used when we want to handle named argument in a function.
Return : [ndarray or scalar] The sum of arr1 and arr2, element-wise. Returns a scalar if both arr1 and arr2 are scalars.
Code #1 : Working
1st Input number : 10 2nd Input number : 15 output number after addition : 25
Code #2 :
1st Input array : [[ 2 -7 5] [-6 2 0]] 2nd Input array : [[ 5 8 -5] [ 3 6 9]] output added array : [[ 7 1 0] [-3 8 9]]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.