Given a binary string str, the task is to print the numbers of steps required to convert it to one by the following operations:
- If ‘S’ is odd add 1 to it.
- If ‘S’ is even divide it by 2.
Input: str = “1001001”
Input: str = “101110”
Number ‘101110’ is even, after dividing it by 2 we get an odd number ‘10111’ so we will add 1 to it. Then we’ll get ‘11000’ which is even and can be divide three times continuously in a row and get ’11’ which is odd, adding 1 to it will give us ‘100’ which is even and can be divided 2 times in a row. As, a result we get 1.
So 8 times the above two operations were required in this number.
Below is the step by step algorithm to solve this problem:
- Initialize the string S as a binary number.
- If the size of the binary is 1, then the required number of actions will be 0.
- If the last digit is 0, then its an even number so one operation is required to divide it by 2.
- After encountering 1, traverse till you get 0, with every digit one operation will take place.
- After encountering 0 after 1 while traversing, replace 0 by 1 and start from step 4 again.
Below is the implementation of above algorithm:
- Minimum number of given operation required to convert n to m
- Minimum steps to convert one binary string to other only using negation
- Minimum number of operations required to sum to binary string S
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum swaps required to convert one binary string to another
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a permutation into an identity permutation
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum number of given powers of 2 required to represent a number
- Largest number N which can be reduced to 0 in K steps
- Print steps to make a number in form of 2^X - 1
- Number of odd and even results for every value of x in range [min, max] after performing N steps
- Total number of possible Binary Search Trees using Catalan Number
- Minimum number of Binary strings to represent a Number
- Binary representation of next greater number with same number of 1's and 0's
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.