Given two integers N and M, the task is to find the number of pairs of arrays (A, B) such that array A and B both are of size M each where each entry of A and B is an integer between 1 and N such that for each i between 1 and M, A[i] ≤ B[i]. It is also given that the array A is sorted in non-descending order and B is sorted in non-ascending order. Since the answer can be very large, return answer modulo 109 + 7.
Input: N = 2, M = 2
1: A= [1, 1] B=[1, 1]
2: A= [1, 1] B=[1, 2]
3: A= [1, 1] B=[2, 2]
4: A= [1, 2] B=[2, 2]
5: A= [2, 2] B=[2, 2]
Input: N = 5, M = 3
Approach: Notice that if there is a valid pair of arrays A and B and if B is concatenated after A the resultant array will always be either an ascending or a non-descending array of size of 2 * M. Each element of (A + B) will be between 1 and N (It is not necessary that all elements between 1 and N have to be used). This now simply converts the given problem to finding all the possible combinations of size 2 * M where each element is between 1 to N (with repetitions allowed) whose formula is 2 * M + N – 1CN – 1 or (2 * M + N – 1)! / ((2 * M)! * (N – 1)!).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Sort first half in ascending and second half in descending order | 1
- Sort first half in ascending and second half in descending order | Set 2
- Sort first k values in ascending order and remaining n-k values in descending order
- Given two arrays count all pairs whose sum is an odd number
- Distinct pairs from given arrays (a[i], b[j]) such that (a[i] + b[j]) is a Fibonacci number
- Total distinct pairs from two arrays such that second number can be obtained by inverting bits of first
- Sort all even numbers in ascending order and then sort all odd numbers in descending order
- Count Pairs from two arrays with even sum
- Given two unsorted arrays, find all pairs whose sum is x
- Maximizing Unique Pairs from two arrays
- Find k pairs with smallest sums in two arrays
- Count of pairs between two arrays such that the sums are distinct
- Count equal pairs from given string arrays
- Find k pairs with smallest sums in two arrays | Set 2
- Count distinct pairs from two arrays having same sum of digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.