Given an n-sided regular polygon and an angle θ, the task is to find number of occurrences of angle ( Ai, Aj, Ak ) = θ ( i < j < k) in a regular n-gon (regular polygon with n vertices) with vertices marked as A1, A2, …, An.
Input: n = 4, ang = 90 Output: 4 Input: n = 6, ang = 50 Output: 0
- First we check whether such an angle can exist or not.
- Consider the vertices to be x, y, and z and the angle to find be ∠ xyz.
- The number of edges between x and y be a and the number of edges between y and z be b.
- Then ∠ xyz = 180 – (180*(a+b)) / n.
- Thus ∠ xyz * n (mod 180) = 0.
- Next we need to find the count of such angles.
- As the polygon is regular we just need to calculate the count of such an angle at one vertex and can directly multiply our result by n (the number of vertices).
- At each vertex the angle can be found at n-1-freq times where freq = (n*ang)/180 and depicts the number of edges remaining after creating the required angle i.e. the number of edges between z and x.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Nth angle of a Polygon whose initial angle and per angle increment is given
- Angle between 3 given vertices in a n-sided regular polygon
- Program to find the Interior and Exterior Angle of a Regular Polygon
- Central angle of a N sided Regular Polygon
- Find the angle of Rotational Symmetry of an N-sided regular polygon
- Number of triangles formed by joining vertices of n-sided polygon with one side common
- Number of triangles formed by joining vertices of n-sided polygon with two common sides and no common sides
- Number of cycles formed by joining vertices of n sided polygon at the center
- Polygon with maximum sides that can be inscribed in an N-sided regular polygon
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Program to calculate angle on circumference subtended by the chord when the central angle subtended by the chord is given
- Find the remaining vertices of a square from two given vertices
- Check if it is possible to create a polygon with a given angle
- Number of ways a convex polygon of n+2 sides can split into triangles by connecting vertices
- Number of cycles in a Polygon with lines from Centroid to Vertices
- Check if given polygon is a convex polygon or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.