Given a string of digits 0 – 9. The task is to count number of substrings which when convert into integer form an even number.
Input : str = "1234". Output : 6 "2", "4", "12", "34", "234", "1234" are 6 substring which are even. Input : str = "154". Output : 3 Input : str = "15". Output : 0
For a number to be even, substring must end wit an even digit. We find all the even digits in the string and for each even digit, count the number of substrings ending with it. Now, observe that the number of substrings will be index of that even digit plus one.
Time Complexity: O(length of string).
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Number of substrings of a string
- Number of substrings of one string present in other
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 1
- Number of substrings with odd decimal value in a binary string
- Number of substrings divisible by 4 in a string of integers
- Number of substrings divisible by 6 in a string of integers
- Given a binary string, count number of substrings that start and end with 1.
- Rearrange the string to maximize the number of palindromic substrings
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 2 (Constant Extra Space)
- Replace two substrings (of a string) with each other
- Lexicographical concatenation of all substrings of a string
- Program to print all substrings of a given string
- Split the string into substrings using delimiter
- Count of substrings of a binary string containing K ones