Given a string of digits 0 – 9. The task is to count number of substrings which when convert into integer form an even number.
Input : str = "1234". Output : 6 "2", "4", "12", "34", "234", "1234" are 6 substring which are even. Input : str = "154". Output : 3 Input : str = "15". Output : 0
For a number to be even, substring must end wit an even digit. We find all the even digits in the string and for each even digit, count the number of substrings ending with it. Now, observe that the number of substrings will be index of that even digit plus one.
Time Complexity: O(length of string).
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauhan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Number of substrings of a string
- Number of substrings of one string present in other
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 1
- Number of substrings divisible by 4 in a string of integers
- Number of substrings with odd decimal value in a binary string
- Number of substrings divisible by 6 in a string of integers
- Count number of substrings of a string consisting of same characters
- Repeat substrings of the given String required number of times
- Split the binary string into substrings with equal number of 0s and 1s
- Rearrange the string to maximize the number of palindromic substrings
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
- Given a binary string, count number of substrings that start and end with 1.
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 2 (Constant Extra Space)
- Minimum number of substrings the given string can be splitted into that satisfy the given conditions
- Replace two substrings (of a string) with each other