Number guessing game in Java
The task is to write a Java program in which a user will get K trials to guess a randomly generated number. Below are the rules of the game:
- If the guessed number is bigger than the actual number, the program will respond with the message that the guessed number is higher than the actual number.
- If the guessed number is smaller than the actual number, the program will respond with the message that the guessed number is lower than the actual number.
- If the guessed number is equal to the actual number or if the K trials are exhausted, the program will end with a suitable message.
Approach: Below are the steps:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
- The approach is to generate a random number using Math.random() method in Java.
- Now using a loop, take K input from the user and for each input print whether the number is smaller or larger than the actual number.
- If within K trials the user guessed the number correctly, print that the user won.
- Else print that he was not able to guess and then print the actual number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Below is the output of the above program: