Given two integers N and K, the task is to print the number formed by adding product of its max and min digit, K times.
Input: N = 14, K = 3
M(1)=14 + 1*4 = 18
M(2)=18 + 1*8 = 26
Input: N = 487, K = 100000000
- A natural intuition is to run a loop K times and keep updating the value of N.
- But one observation can be observed that after some iteration minimum value of digit may be zero and after that N is never going to be updated because:
M(N + 1) = M(N) + 0*(max_digit)
M(N + 1) = M(N)
- Hence we just need to figure out when minimum digit became 0.
Below is the C++ implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(K)
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Sum of all numbers formed having 4 atmost X times, 5 atmost Y times and 6 atmost Z times
- Nth term where K+1th term is product of Kth term with difference of max and min digit of Kth term
- Nth term of a sequence formed by sum of current term with product of its largest and smallest digit
- Generate a number such that the frequency of each digit is digit times the frequency in given number
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Min-Max Product Tree of a given Binary Tree
- Min steps to convert N-digit prime number into another by replacing a digit in each step
- Check if the product of digit sum and its reverse equals the number or not
- Find the remainder when First digit of a number is divided by its Last digit
- Smallest N digit number with none of its digits as its divisor
- Number of odd and even results for every value of x in range [min, max] after performing N steps
- Count of N-digit numbers having digit XOR as single digit
- Sum of width (max and min diff) of all Subsequences
- Partition N into M parts such that difference between Max and Min part is smallest
- Min and max length subarray having adjacent element difference atmost K
- Longest subarray such that difference of max and min is at-most K
- Partition a set into two subsets such that difference between max of one and min of other is minimized
- Divide a sorted array in K parts with sum of difference of max and min minimized in each part
- Product of N with its largest odd digit
- Find the count of numbers that can be formed using digits 3, 4 only and having length at max N.