Given two positive integers a and b, task is to find the number of digits in a^b (a raised to the power b).
Input: a = 2 b = 5 Output: no. of digits = 2 Explanation: 2^5 = 32 Hence, no. of digits = 2 Input: a = 2 b = 100 Output: no. of digits = 31 Explanation: 2^100 = 1.2676506e+30 Hence, no. of digits = 31
The number of digits in a^b can be calculated using the formula:
Number of Digits = 1 + b * (log10a)
When a number is divided by 10, it is reduced by 1 digit.
554 / 10 = 55, 55 / 10 = 5
Notice, 554 initially has 3 digits but after division there are 2 digits 55 and after further division there is only 1 digit 5. So it can be concluded that to count number of digits, how many times a number is divided by 10 to reach 1 needs to be calculated.
log base 10 of a number is the number of times a number needs to be divided by 10 to reach 1 but as 1 itself is not included in log base 10, 1 is added to get the number of digits.
Note: Floor value of b * (log10a) is taken.
Below is the implementation to calculate the number of digits in a^b.
no.of digits = 31
- Count of integers in a range which have even number of odd digits and odd number of even digits
- Check whether product of digits at even places is divisible by sum of digits at odd place of a number
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Maximize the given number by replacing a segment of digits with the alternate digits given
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find the Largest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find the average of k digits from the beginning and l digits from the end of the given number
- Minimum number of digits to be removed so that no two consecutive digits are same
- Check if the sum of digits of number is divisible by all of its digits
- Smallest number with given sum of digits and sum of square of digits
- Sum of the digits of square of the given number which has only 1's as its digits
- Number of digits in the nth number made of given four digits
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
- Find maximum number that can be formed using digits of a given number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.