NPTEL is an acronym for National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science.
Many students who dream of attending scholarly institutions, through NPTEL will have access to quality content from them.
There are courses on multiple streams both technical and non-technical. The courses are for 4 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks usually.
I have taken many courses on NPTEL up until now but have taken exams for the following courses.
- An introduction to programming through: C++ 12 Weeks (by Professor Abhiram G Ranade)
- Programming in Java: 12 Weeks (by Professor Debasis Samanta)
- Data structures and algorithms using Java: 12 Weeks (by prof Debasis Samanta)
Introduction to programming through C++: The procedures for all the examinations were similar, here I will be talking about “An introduction to Programming through C++”
- The 12-week course was taught by Prof. Abhiram G. Ranade of the Computer Science and Engineering department at IIT Bombay.
- It is a core undergraduate course where each week new topics were covered very thoroughly. Each week has assignments consisting of 5 coding questions and 10 MCQs of that week’s subject.
- About the 10th-week applications for exams will be opened, and we will be asked to select our examination centers. The course is free to enroll but a fee of 1000/- is to be paid for the exam.
- Prior exams we will be notified to download hall tickets and should take a physical copy of it and an identity card along with us to the exam hall.
- The exam is for 3 hours, each of us will be assigned an individual computer. Exam will have mostly MCQs depending on the course and is for 100 marks. The questions are ranged from easy to hard and everything will be by the course itself.
Criteria to get a Certificate:
- Average assignment score = 25% of the average of best 8 assignments out of the total 12 assignments given in the course.
- Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
- Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
You will be eligible for the certificate only if Average Assignment Score >= 10/25 & Exam score>= 30/75
An e certificate will be provided after the results are announced and the criteria’s fulfilled