NOKIA Interview Experience (On Campus, NIT Jamshedpur, MCA), Bangalore
Profile: Graduate Engineer Trainee ( Family – R&D Engineer )
Eligibility Criteria: 6.5 CGPA throughout 10th, 12th, UG, PG with no backlogs.
Campus Visit: 24th August, 2019
Date of Joining: 20th July, 2020
Round 1 (Online): The company took the first round online in AMCAT platform. They took the exam on 17th August 2019. The first round test duration was 2 hours approximate. There were five sections in that test each of which has its own time limit.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Quantitate Aptitude (16 questions in 16 minutes)
- Logical Reasoning (14 questions in 14 minutes)
- Verbal Ability (22 questions in 25 minutes)
- Technical MCQ (20 questions in 25 minutes)
- Two coding questions (45 minutes)
The technical MCQs were mainly from Data Structure, C Programming, C++, Java, DBMS topics. The standard of the questions was moderate. There were 3 coding questions among which you have to solve any 2.
- Sorting the elements of an array by frequency.
- Count occurrences of a word in a given string.
- Number Pattern Printing
1 2*2 3*3*3 2*2 1
Based on the results of the first round they divided the passed candidates into two categories
- NM (Network Management)
- CS (Core Service)
I was in the NM category and the next rounds I am describing below.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 1): They visited the campus on 24th August, one week after the first online technical round, and they firstly gave a brief presentation on the job offer and took few technical rounds.
In my first technical round, they started with “Tell me something about yourself”. After that, they asked a few technical questions like.
- What is networking and how many types of transmission in networking?
- Difference between TCP/IP layers and OSI layers.
- Describe the method of how a voice call connection gets established between two phones.
- Representation of a double linked list node in C.
- Write the code of detecting loops in a linked list.
Round 3 (Technical Interview 2): In the second technical round they asked questions mainly from Database Management Systems and Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- What is DBMS? Difference between DBMS and RDBMS.
- What is Normalisation? Describe 2NF.
- Tell me something about your final year project.
- What are the tables used in your project database and their relations?
- Give a few examples of one-one, one-many, many-many relations.
Round 4 (Technical Interview 3): In the third technical round they asked mainly from Operating systems.
- What is the purpose of operating systems?
- What is a monolithic kernel?
- Scheduling processes of OS.
- What is Virtual memory?
- Few other questions from OS.
Round 5 (HR Round): In my HR round the recruiter checked my CV and told me to introduce myself and asked these questions
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why you choose NOKIA?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths and weakness?
- What do you know about NOKIA?
- Any problem with relocation?
- What will you do if you get a better chance tomorrow?
- Few questions on my hobbies.
- Any questions from you.
Later they declared the list and I got selected. They congratulated all of us and took a group picture. In the next month, we received our offer letters.
Preparation Tips: Communication skill is the most important key here to show your skill and potential to them. Practicing aptitudes and coding questions on a daily basis make you faster and more skilled. Make your CV very professional and compact. Answer every question to the point, not in a lengthy way. Behave properly in the room like taking permission before entering or taking a seat, answering questions decently, and wish greetings. Working hard and having faith in you is the biggest preparation tip. Maintain a healthy routine throughout the placement period and take proper sleep before the interview day. Here are a few resources that can help you in the preparation for the placement.
- Aptitude and Reasoning – https://www.indiabix.com/
- Technical MCQ – https://www.javatpoint.com/interview-questions-and-answers
- Coding questions – https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/home/
- Building Resume – https://novoresume.com/resume-templates