NOKIA Interview Experience (On Campus, NIT Jamshedpur, MCA), Bangalore
Profile: Graduate Engineer Trainee ( Family – R&D Engineer )
Eligibility Criteria: 6.5 CGPA throughout 10th, 12th, UG, PG with no backlogs.
Campus Visit: 24th August, 2019
Date of Joining: 20th July, 2020
Round 1 (Online): The company took the first round online in AMCAT platform. They took the exam on 17th August 2019. The first round test duration was 2 hours approximate. There were five sections in that test each of which has its own time limit.
- Quantitate Aptitude (16 questions in 16 minutes)
- Logical Reasoning (14 questions in 14 minutes)
- Verbal Ability (22 questions in 25 minutes)
- Technical MCQ (20 questions in 25 minutes)
- Two coding questions (45 minutes)
The technical MCQs were mainly from Data Structure, C Programming, C++, Java, DBMS topics. The standard of the questions was moderate. There were 3 coding questions among which you have to solve any 2.
- Sorting the elements of an array by frequency.
- Count occurrences of a word in a given string.
- Number Pattern Printing
1 2*2 3*3*3 2*2 1
Based on the results of the first round they divided the passed candidates into two categories
- NM (Network Management)
- CS (Core Service)
I was in the NM category and the next rounds I am describing below.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 1): They visited the campus on 24th August, one week after the first online technical round, and they firstly gave a brief presentation on the job offer and took few technical rounds.
In my first technical round, they started with “Tell me something about yourself”. After that, they asked a few technical questions like.
- What is networking and how many types of transmission in networking?
- Difference between TCP/IP layers and OSI layers.
- Describe the method of how a voice call connection gets established between two phones.
- Representation of a double linked list node in C.
- Write the code of detecting loops in a linked list.
Round 3 (Technical Interview 2): In the second technical round they asked questions mainly from Database Management Systems and Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- What is DBMS? Difference between DBMS and RDBMS.
- What is Normalisation? Describe 2NF.
- Tell me something about your final year project.
- What are the tables used in your project database and their relations?
- Give a few examples of one-one, one-many, many-many relations.
Round 4 (Technical Interview 3): In the third technical round they asked mainly from Operating systems.
- What is the purpose of operating systems?
- What is a monolithic kernel?
- Scheduling processes of OS.
- What is Virtual memory?
- Few other questions from OS.
Round 5 (HR Round): In my HR round the recruiter checked my CV and told me to introduce myself and asked these questions
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Why you choose NOKIA?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths and weakness?
- What do you know about NOKIA?
- Any problem with relocation?
- What will you do if you get a better chance tomorrow?
- Few questions on my hobbies.
- Any questions from you.
Later they declared the list and I got selected. They congratulated all of us and took a group picture. In the next month, we received our offer letters.
Preparation Tips: Communication skill is the most important key here to show your skill and potential to them. Practicing aptitudes and coding questions on a daily basis make you faster and more skilled. Make your CV very professional and compact. Answer every question to the point, not in a lengthy way. Behave properly in the room like taking permission before entering or taking a seat, answering questions decently, and wish greetings. Working hard and having faith in you is the biggest preparation tip. Maintain a healthy routine throughout the placement period and take proper sleep before the interview day. Here are a few resources that can help you in the preparation for the placement.
- Aptitude and Reasoning – https://www.indiabix.com/
- Technical MCQ – https://www.javatpoint.com/interview-questions-and-answers
- Coding questions – https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/home/
- Building Resume – https://novoresume.com/resume-templates