Nokia Interview Experience | On-Campus (NIT Hamirpur) 2021
Company: Nokia Networks & Solution
- Telecom domain
65% in college, No backlog, and CSE/CSE DD/ECE ECE DD students
Bangalore, Chennai, NCR
A total number of rounds:
- Aptitude & coding (AMCAT platform)
- Coding (Hacker Earth platform)
- Technical interview (1-hour slot)
- HR interview (15 min slot)
Round-1: (Aptitude & coding)
- The level was very easy.
- There were 200+ students.
- This round had 5 sections.
- It also had one additional section (for ECE Students)
- Time duration: 18 min
- This section had 22 Verbal Ability questions.
- Time duration: 14 min
- This section had 14 Reasoning questions.
- Time duration: 16 min
- This section had 16 Quantitative questions.
- Time duration: 25 min
- This section had 20 Technical questions ( based on C++ & DS).
This section had two Coding Problems.
(All candidates had different questions)
- An unsorted array was given, how many maximum permutations are required to sort the array?
- A string conversion from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa.
Note: –This additional section had semiconductor-based questions for ECE students.
- There were 97 students.
- All candidates had the same questions.
- Time duration: 3 hours
- Number of problems: 3
- Platform: Hacker Earth coding platform
- Marks: 20 marks
- Level: Easy (Based on the factor of natural number & maths)
- Marks: 50 marks
- Level: Moderate (Based on the graph)
- Marks: 100 marks
- Level: Hard (Based on prime numbers & Dynamic programming)
Note: Those students who scored 80 out of 170 marks have qualified for next round.
Round-3: (Technical Interview)
- There were 37 students.
- There were three interviewers in the panel.
- Time duration: 60-70 minutes.
First interviewer: –
The following type of questions have been asked by the first interviewer:
- Introduce yourself
- Which problem you found as most challenging during Round-2 i.e., Coding round, and how you have solved that. Have you tried to solve that problem by another method after the test? Was that solution 100% correct?
Provided with two coding problems and asked to share the screen during solving the problems (level-easy).
- A Duplicate elements array was given, how many total numbers of pairs are there of duplicate elements and asked to tell complexity and optimize your solution.
- A circular string was given, find a string ptr in string str and optimize your solution.
Second interviewer: –
The following type of questions have been asked by the second interviewer:
- Tell me about OOPS concepts.
- What is inheritance?
- Real-life example of inheritance with proper explanation.
- Copy Constructor
- virtual function
- What is security?
Third interviewer: –
The third interviewer has asked two puzzles:
1. 4 litres water measurement using 3 & 5 litres jug.
2. Based on probability and permutations.
Round-4 (HR Interview):
There were 25 students.
Time duration: 10-15 mins
Questions were like:
- How have you spent your lockdown?
- Tell your views on the problem of relocation.
- Tell your views on the problem of day/night shift.
- Asked about your family background.
- Tell your Hobbies.
- Have you done any internships?
- Suppose you face the problem at the eleventh hour of major project submission, how will you manage the situation and mention this problem to your mentor.
Total number of selections: 25 students
Final piece of advice :
- Interview was totally based upon the resume and your skills. So try to be wise with your resume and keep it simple.
- They were focusing on the problem-solving skills & thought power, not on the exact solution. So try to solve the puzzles and problems from any platform like gfg etc.
- The interviewerThe interview mainly focused on data structure, Oops concepts & programming. So try to strong these topics.