Yargs module is used for creating your own command-line commands in node.js and helps in generating an elegant user interface. This module makes command-line arguments flexible and easy to use.
Installation of yargs module:
- You can visit the link Install yargs module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install yargs
- After installing yargs you can check your yargs version in command prompt using the command.
npm version yargs
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file for example index.js, To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have install express and yargs module using following commands:
npm install express npm install yargs
- Run index.js file using below command:
After running this above command, now yargs command is set, you can use it as shown below:
node index.js add --firstNumber=4 --secondNumber=10
So this is how you can use yargs module for making your own command-line arguments command thereby making it more interactive.