The fs.symlinkSync() method is used to synchronously create a symlink to the specified path. This method creates a link making the
path point to the
target. The relative targets are relative to the link’s parent directory.
fs.symlinkSync( target, path, type )
Parameters: This method accept three parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- target: It is a string, buffer or URL which represents the path to which the symlink has to be created.
- path: It is a string, buffer or URL which represents the path where the symlink will be created.
- type: It is a string which represents the type of symlink to be created. It can be specified with ‘file’, ‘dir’ or ‘junction’. If the target does not exist, ‘file’ will be used.
Below examples illustrate the fs.symlinkSync() method in Node.js:
Example 1: This example creates a symlink to a file.
Contents of the text file: Hello Geeks Symlink created Contents of the symlink created: Hello Geeks
Example 2: This example creates a symlink to a directory.
Symlink created Symlink is a directory: true
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Nodejs console.timeLog() Method
- Nodejs - Connect MongoDB with Node app using MongooseJS
- Cowsay in Nodejs using Requests library
- Nodejs | Web Crawling using Cheerio
- Web-Socket in NodeJS
- Signup Form Using Nodejs and MongoDB
- Dockerizing a simple Nodejs app
- Nodejs | DNS
- Encrypting Data in NodeJS
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Nodejs | Jimp
- Nodejs – Connect Mysql with Node app
- Nodejs | DNS | setServers()
- NodeJS | Building simple REST API in express
- NodeJs - Handling invalid routes
- Nodejs | authentication using Passportjs and passport-local-mongoose
- Nodejs | GM charcoal() Function
- Nodejs | GM blur() Function
- Nodejs | GM sharpen() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.