The createWriteStream() method is an inbuilt application programming interface of fs module which allows to quickly make a writable stream for the purpose of writing data to a file. This method may be a smarter option compared to methods like fs.writeFile when it comes to very large amounts of data.
fs.createReadStream( path, options )
Parameters: This method accept two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- path: This parameter holds the path of the file where to read the file. It can be String, Buffer or URL.
- options: It is an optional parameter that holds string or object.
Return Value: This method returns the fs.ReadStream object.
Following example illustrates the createWriteStream() method in Node.js:
Example 1: This example uses fs.createWriteStream() method to write some content into the file.
test_gfg.txt file data: GeeksforGeeks
Example 2: Piping from readable streams.
With writable streams such as the streams created with fs.createWriteStream, data can be piped from a readable stream.
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Nodejs console.timeLog() Method
- Nodejs - Connect MongoDB with Node app using MongooseJS
- Cowsay in Nodejs using Requests library
- Nodejs | Web Crawling using Cheerio
- Web-Socket in NodeJS
- Signup Form Using Nodejs and MongoDB
- Dockerizing a simple Nodejs app
- Nodejs | DNS
- Encrypting Data in NodeJS
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Nodejs | Jimp
- Nodejs – Connect Mysql with Node app
- Nodejs | DNS | setServers()
- NodeJS | Building simple REST API in express
- NodeJs - Handling invalid routes
- Nodejs | authentication using Passportjs and passport-local-mongoose
- Nodejs | GM charcoal() Function
- Nodejs | GM blur() Function
- Nodejs | GM sharpen() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.