The Dark Sky API is very popular as it allows you to request weather forecasts and historical weather data programmatically.
Feature of Dark Sky API:
- It is easy to get started and easy to use.
- It is widely used and popular API for Weather Forecasts.
Installation of request module:
- You can visit the link to Install Request module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install request
- After installing request module you can check your request version in command prompt using the command.
npm version request
- Now go to Dark Sky Offical website and create an account and get your API KEY.
- After that, you can create a folder and add a file, for example index.js. To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have installed request module using following command:
npm install request
- Run index.js file using below command:
So this is how you can use the Dark Sky API which allows you to request weather forecasts and historical weather data programmatically.
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Create a Weather app using Flask | Python
- How to get daily weather notification on mobile using Node.js and Twilio API ?
- Dark Web - Crossing the virtual line
- Nodejs | DNS
- Web-Socket in NodeJS
- Nodejs | DNS | setServers()
- Nodejs | Jimp
- Nodejs | GM motionBlur() Function
- Nodejs | GM flop() Function
- Nodejs | GM implode() Function
- Nodejs | GM chop() Function
- Nodejs | GM edge() Function
- Nodejs | GM channel() Function
- Nodejs | GM flip() Function
- Nodejs | GM magnify() Function
- Nodejs | GM minify() Function
- Nodejs | GM write() Function
- Nodejs | GM whiteThreshold() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.