The Buffer.writeInt16BE() method is an inbuilt application programming interface of class Buffer within Buffer module which is used to write integer value to buffer at the specified offset with the big-endian format. Integer value should be a valid signed 16-bit integer. Error is thrown if the value is outside the range of signed 16-bit integer. The integer value is interpreted and written as a two’s complement signed integer.
Buffer.writeInt16BE( value, offset )
Parameters: This method accept two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- value: It is a 16-bit signed integer that has to be written into the buffer.
- offset: It is an integer value i.e. number of bytes to skip before starting to write into the buffer. The value of offset lies 0 to buf.length-2. It is optional parameter and its default value is 0.
Return Value: It returns an integer value that is the sum of offset plus the number of bytes written.
Below examples illustrate the use of buf.writeInt16BE() method in Node.js:
<Buffer 7b ca>
<Buffer 7b ca 7f ff>
internal/buffer.js:72 throw new ERR_OUT_OF_RANGE(type || 'offset', ^ RangeError [ERR_OUT_OF_RANGE]: The value of "offset" is out of range. It must be >= 0 and <= 2. Received 3 . . .
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Nodejs | DNS
- Nodejs | DNS | setServers()
- Nodejs | Jimp
- Web-Socket in NodeJS
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Encrypting Data in NodeJS
- Dockerizing a simple Nodejs app
- Nodejs | Web Crawling using Cheerio
- Nodejs | GM charcoal() Function
- Nodejs | GM blur() Function
- Nodejs | GM sharpen() Function
- NodeJs - Handling invalid routes
- Nodejs – Connect Mysql with Node app
- Cowsay in Nodejs using Requests library
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.