The Bot.start() method is used in the Node.js Telegraf Bot Module. This module provides various functions to interact with the official Telegram Bot API. This method executes when a new user first time starts the bot or type reserved module keyword /start.
TelegrafBot.start(callback function(Context function))
Parameters: This Method accepts one parameter as mentioned above and described below:
- Callback function: It accepts only one parameter that holds the Update object from Telegram API.
Return Type: The return type of the function is void.
Installing Module: Install this module using the following command:
npm install telegraf
Steps to get the keys:
1. First, get the GET BOT_TOKEN from BOTFATHER in the telegram. Just search for BOTFATHER in Telegram and select the verified one as shown below:
2. Type /start and then click on /newbot as shown below:
3. Now type the name of the bot and that must be unique.
4. Now just copy the token From the BotFather. And for deleting the token simply search /delete token in BotFather.
Run the bot.js file using the following command:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.