Some of the corpora that we use are often deep trees of nested phrases. But working on such deep trees is a tedious job for training the chunker. As IOB tag parsing is not designed for nested chunks. So, in order to use these trees for chunker training, we must flatten them.
Well, POS (part of Speech) are actually part of the tree structure instead of being in the word. These are used with
Tree.pos() method, designed specifically for combining words with preterminal Tree labels such as part-of-speech tags.
Code #1 : Class for flattening the deep tree
Code #2 : Evaluating
Deep Tree : (S (NP-SBJ (NP (NNP Pierre) (NNP Vinken)) (,, ) (ADJP (NP (CD 61) (NNS years)) (JJ old)) (,, )) (VP (MD will) (VP (VB join) (NP (DT the) (NN board)) (PP-CLR (IN as) (NP (DT a) (JJ nonexecutive) (NN director))) (NP-TMP (NNP Nov.) (CD 29)))) (. .)) Flattened Tree : Tree('S', [Tree('NP', [('Pierre', 'NNP'), ('Vinken', 'NNP')]), (', ', ', '), Tree('NP', [('61', 'CD'), ('years', 'NNS')]), ('old', 'JJ'), (', ', ', '), ('will', 'MD'), ('join', 'VB'), Tree('NP', [('the', 'DT'), ('board', 'NN')]), ('as', 'IN'), Tree('NP', [('a', 'DT'), ('nonexecutive', 'JJ'), ('director', 'NN')]), Tree('NP-TMP', [('Nov.', 'NNP'), ('29', 'CD')]), ('.', '.')])
The result is a much flatter Tree that only includes NP phrases. Words that are not part of an NP phrase are separated
How it works ?
- flatten_deeptree() : returns a new Tree from the given tree by calling flatten_childtrees() on each of the given tree’s children.
- flatten_childtrees() : Recursively drills down into the Tree until it finds child trees whose height() is equal to or less than 3.
Code #3 : height()
Height : 2 Height : 3
- Python - Value List Key Flattening
- Flattening JSON objects in Python
- Python | Grouped Flattening of list
- Deep Q-Learning
- Deep Face Recognition
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- ML - List of Deep Learning Layers
- Differential Privacy and Deep Learning
- Deep Learning with PyTorch | An Introduction
- Implementing Deep Q-Learning using Tensorflow
- ML | Natural Language Processing using Deep Learning
- Prediction of Wine type using Deep Learning
- ML - Saving a Deep Learning model in Keras
- Human Activity Recognition - Using Deep Learning Model
- DeepPose: Human Pose Estimation via Deep Neural Networks