Using the data from the treebank_chunk corpus let us evaluate the chunkers (prepared in the previous article).
Code #1 :
Accuracy of ClassifierChunker : 0.9721733155838022 Precision of ClassifierChunker : 0.9258838793383068 Recall of ClassifierChunker : 0.9359016393442623
Code #2 : Let’s compare the performance of conll_train
Accuracy of ClassifierChunker : 0.9264622074002153 Precision of ClassifierChunker : 0.8737924310910219 Recall of ClassifierChunker : 0.9007354620620346
the word can be passed through the tagger into our feature detector function, by creating nested 2-tuples of the form ((word, pos), iob), The chunk_trees2train_chunks() method produces these nested 2-tuples.
The following features are extracted:
- The current word and part-of-speech tag
- The previous word and IOB tag, part-of-speech tag
- The next word and part-of-speech tag
The ClassifierChunker class uses an internal ClassifierBasedTagger and prev_next_pos_iob() as its default feature_detector. The results from the tagger, which are in the same nested 2-tuple form, are then reformated into 3-tuples to return a final Tree using conlltags2tree().
Code #3 : different classifier builder
Accuracy of ClassifierChunker : 0.9743204362949285 Precision of ClassifierChunker : 0.9334423548650859 Recall of ClassifierChunker : 0.9357377049180328
ClassifierBasedTagger class defaults to using NaiveBayesClassifier.train as its classifier_builder. But any classifier can be used by overriding the classifier_builder keyword argument.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- NLP | Classifier-based Chunking | Set 1
- NLP | Chunking and chinking with RegEx
- NLP | Chunking Rules
- NLP | Chunking using Corpus Reader
- NLP | Distributed chunking with Execnet
- Python - Chunking text using Enchant
- NLP | Training Tagger Based Chunker | Set 1
- NLP | Training Tagger Based Chunker | Set 2
- Processing text using NLP | Basics
- Readability Index in Python(NLP)
- Feature Extraction Techniques - NLP
- Python | NLP analysis of Restaurant reviews
- Applying Multinomial Naive Bayes to NLP Problems
- NLP | Training Unigram Tagger
- NLP | Synsets for a word in WordNet
- NLP | Part of Speech - Default Tagging
- NLP | Word Collocations
- NLP | WuPalmer - WordNet Similarity
- NLP | Training a tokenizer and filtering stopwords in a sentence
- NLP | How tokenizing text, sentence, words works
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.