NinjaCart Interview Experience for SDE-1 (On campus)
NinjaCart visited our college to hire students for 2 roles ( SDE and Data Analyst). Around 550 students applied for SDE.
Round 1: Online Aptitude test
20 Questions are to be solved in 30 mins. Few of them were easy and most of them are of medium difficulty level.
73 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2: Coding round (Hackerrank)
3 questions in 1 hour. Questions are of easy to medium level difficulty.
- Basic String based question and it can be solved easily in less than 5 minutes if you find the pattern.
- Killing men in a circle
- Question based on string manipulation
2 questions can be solved easily within the given time.
Around 25-30 people were shortlisted for next round
Round 3: Technical interview – 1
Interviewer introduced himself and then asked me to introduce myself. Casual talk for about 5 minutes before getting into technical questions.
- Asked to explain the need of Data structures and real life examples where DS are used.
- Print an array in reversed order using recursion.
- Change an array in such a way that the element should be replaced with the product of elements other than itself. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/a-product-array-puzzle/ . The question was easy, but the interviewer asked me to solve the same question in as many ways as possible. I gave him 3 possible approaches. I was asked to write the code for all the problems.
- Asked questions about my project in TCS (Summer internship) and also about the websites that I’ve developed and about my other internship.
I was also asked about other things that are present on my resume (Competitions won, Hackerrank profile, Github etc.) This round lasted for about 20-25 mins.
Try to think about a problem in as many ways as you can.
12 people were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 4 : Technical interview – 2
I expected this round to be a HR round as no one from all the candidates had any idea about what this round is going to be.
Again, introduction about me. Then, interview started.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/first-non-repeating-character-using-one-traversal-of-string-set-2 .Answered this question .
- Print the right view of binary tree . https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-right-view-binary-tree-2/ . He asked me about the approach to solve this problem. The interviewer was friendly and helped me during solving.
- Quick sort partition algorithm.
- How to find 6th largest element(efficiently) from the given data where, the data keeps on adding at the end for every second. The interviewer asked me my approach to this problem.
All the DSA based questions asked in both the rounds can be answered by preparing from Geeks for Geeks.
Few questions about things that are present on my resume. He later explained me about what happens at NinjaCart and asked me if I had any questions. I, then asked about various job roles at NinjaCart, work culture etc.
This round lasted for about 45-50 mins.
5 out of 12 were selected.