Following are 4 rounds which had been conducted in off-campus as well as in on-campus placement drive of Newgen Software Technologies (Noida):
Round 1 (Aptitude Test):
The first round was an Aptitude test which contained Quantitative Aptitude questions, general English verbal questions and questions based on Data Interpretation. First round lasted about 1 hour, where candidates were provided printed question paper and we had to submit our answers on separate answer sheets.
1. You can refer to practice section of GeeksforGeeks for the practice of general aptitude questions that will be enough to clear this round easily.
2. Attempt every question because no negative marking was in this round. Practice some questions on your own to increase your problem solving speed.
Round 2 (Psychometric Test):
This round was again an offline round. In this round a printed question paper was provided with psychometric questions (More than 80 questions). We had to attempt this within 30 minutes of time so this test was to know your natural decisions and behavior which should be taken in fixed span of time. Questions were easy and answer solely depends on the candidate.
After these two rounds candidates were not shortlisted but their answer sheets were evaluated by Newgen’s recruitment team. These scores were sent to interviewer for the next round and contains some weightage in the recruitment.
Round 3 (Technical Round):
(1) In Java, I was asked to write program for polymorphism and inheritance. Some basic questions on OOP’s concept were asked. I was asked to write a program to check the string is palindrome or not.
(3) In SQL , simple queries were asked based on ‘order by’ and top function. One question was to find top 10 employees with respect to salary.
(4) My project was based on Android so only one question was asked from that which was to explain my project and how I did that?
(5) 2 puzzles were asked at the end of the interview (a) You have 3 boxes with incorrect labels on that and one box contains only oranges, another one contains only apples and third one contains mixture of apple and orange then we have to correct the labels of them. (b) Second question was same to the 3 bulbs and 3 switches puzzle. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-7-3-bulbs-and-3-switches/
Round 4 (HR):
In this round, recruiters were noticing confidence level, communication skills and how much do you know about them already (i.e. have you done some research to know about them or not).
If you have checked these 3 things then you are selected in HR round.
My Interview Result: HIRED.
- Newgen Software Technology Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Newgen Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Software Engineer)
- Newgen Interview Experience for Software Design Engineer (Off-Campus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 offcampus
- Amazon Interview Experience Offcampus for SDE-1
- Mahindra Comviva Interview Experience 2020 (Product/Software Development OffCampus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience for MTS-1 (1.5 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.