Prerequisites: Python lambda
In Python, anonymous function means that a function is without a name. As we already know the def keyword is used to define the normal functions and the lambda keyword is used to create anonymous functions. When we use lambda function inside another lambda function then it is called Nested Lambda Function.
Here, when the object o with parameter 4 is called, the control shift to f() which is caller object of the whole lambda function. Then the following execution takes place-
- The nested lambda function takes the value of a and b from the first lambda function as a=2 and b=3.
- It takes the value of c from its caller object o which passes c = 4.
- Finally we get the output which is the summation of a, b and c that is 9.
In the above example, when the product function is called square function gets bound to f and 2 gets bound to n which then returns a function which is bound to the product which when called with 10, x is assigned this and square is called, which returns 100 and this, in turn, is multiplied with n which is 2. So it’ll finally return 200.
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python - Using lambda function
- Map function and Lambda expression in Python to replace characters
- Python | Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times using Lambda expression and reduce function
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
- Python lambda (Anonymous Functions) | filter, map, reduce
- Lambda expression in Python to rearrange positive and negative numbers
- Lambda and filter in Python Examples
- Overuse of lambda expressions in Python
- Difference between List comprehension and Lambda in Python
- Python | Find fibonacci series upto n using lambda
- Python lambda
- Python Lambda with underscore as an argument
- Python program to count Even and Odd numbers in a List
- Python | Sorting string using order defined by another string