Information system means to consider available countermeasures or controls stimulated through uncovered vulnerabilities and identify an area where more work is needed. The purpose of data security management is to make sure business continuity and scale back business injury by preventing and minimising the impact of security incidents. The basic principle of Information Security is:
The need for Information security:
- Protecting the functionality of the organisation:
The decision maker in organisations must set policy and operates their organisation in compliance with the complex, shifting legislation, efficient and capable applications.
- Enabling the safe operation of applications:
The organisation is under immense pressure to acquire and operates integrated, efficient and capable applications. The modern organisation needs to create an environment that safeguards application using the organisations IT systems, particularly those application that serves as important elements of the infrastructure of the organisation.
- Protecting the data that the organisation collect and use:
Data in the organisation can be in two forms that are either in rest or in motion, the motion of data signifies that data is currently used or processed by the system. The values of the data motivated the attackers to seal or corrupts the data. This is essential for the integrity and the values of the organisation’s data. Information security ensures protection od both data in motion as well as data in rest.
- Safeguarding technology assets in organisations:
The organisation must add intrastate services based on the size and scope of the organisation. Organisational growth could lead to the need for public key infrastructure, PKI an integrated system of the software, encryption methodologies. The information security mechanism used by the large organisation is complex in comparison to a small organisation. The small organisation generally prefers symmetric key encryption of data.
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- What is Information Security?
- Information Security | Confidentiality
- Information Security | Integrity
- Information System and Security
- Threats to Information Security
- Top 5 Information Security Breaches
- Information Security and Computer Forensics
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-1
- Information Security and Cyber Laws
- Digital Forensics in Information Security
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-2
- Message Digest in Information security
- Active and Passive attacks in Information Security
- Management Information System (MIS)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.