NEC Corporation India Pvt Ltd. Interview Experience
NEC Corporation is a Japanese multinational provider of information technology (IT) services and products, headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. It provides IT and network solutions to business enterprises, communications services providers, and government agencies, and has also been the biggest PC vendor in Japan since the 1980s. The company was known as the Nippon Electric Company, Limited. NEC is a member of the Sumitomo Group. NEC was founded in 1899, 118 years ago!!!
As of 2009, NEC ranked consistently in the top four companies over the previous five years for the number of U.S. patents issued, averaging 1764 each year. For mobile phones, NEC pioneered key technologies like color displays, 3G support, dual screens, and camera modules. NEC sponsored the Sahara Force India F1 Team for the 2015 season. NEC is Ranked 452 in Fortune’s “Global 500 2016”. NEC was named for the “FTSE4Good Global Index” in 2014 for the 13th consecutive year.
NEC INDIA: NEC Technologies India Private Limited (NTI) has been operating in India since October 2005, providing product development, global product maintenance, and global business enablement services. Formerly known as NEC HCL System Technologies Limited, NTI is a 100% subsidiary of NEC Corporation after it acquired the 49% equity stake held by HCL Technologies Limited.
Recruitment Process: NEC conducts 4 rounds to select freshers as Graduate Software Trainees in their organization.
- Online Aptitude + Technical Concepts Test
- Online Coding Test
- L1 + L2 Technical Rounds
- HR Round
Academic Criteria: 60 percent or above in B.Tech, Class X, and XII
- The Written round consists of two major sections namely General Aptitude Test, Verbal Ability Test, and Computer Programming.
- General Aptitude Test, has mathematical reasoning part and logical reasoning part, and verbal ability Test.
- Computer Programming Test contains problems mainly from Linux, DBMS, Computer Networks, OOPs, C, CPP, Operating System.
- The students who clear the written round are called for Technical Interviews.
- One of them is based on a resume and another one is based on technical knowledge.
- They mainly concentrate on the things that you’ve mentioned in your resume, don’t mention anything that you’re not aware of, and also have a piece of good knowledge about your final semester project.
- You can expect a lot of questions from it as well, i.e. about your part in it, time is taken to complete it, learnings from it.
- To clear this round you should be clear with your basics. In the technical round, questions will be asked from your respective branch.
- For Computer Science Stream, you should be prepared with Data structures and Algorithms, DBMS, Operating System, Networking, OOPs concepts, and a programming language of your choice.
- CS students may be expected to write codes in the interview. Students from branches other than CS should prepare for two subjects related to their branch.
Questions Asked in NEC: It depends on your profile. I am interviewed for the python developer.
- Explain lambda method
- Explain OOP’s Concept
- What is Virtual Memory
- Why we used Virtual Memory
- Difference between process and thread
- What is process
- Any sorting algorithm
- Duplicate element in the list
- They will give you 4 to 5 MCQ type of question
- floor type
- Why multiple inheritances not supported in abstract
- Difference between private and protected
Just clear your basics