Navi Technologies Interview Experience for SDE | On-Campus
Round 1: Online Test 48 questions,
Time : 2 hours
Platform : DoSelect
- Aptitude (20 questions ): profit Loss, mixtures, ratios and identities, series completion, mirror images, etc
- Maths (25 questions): Quadratic Equation, Probability (Bayes Theorem), Surds, number Theory, Kinematics, Differentiability and continuity, combinatorics
I forgot to scroll and time was very limited so I thought there were only 17 questions in both the sections but I did all of them (34) so I was selected anyway.
Section A, B had a total of 45 questions, and 40 minutes were given to complete.
Coding Level A:
Time: 50 minutes 2 question
- 2 Questions. Both of them were easy. Implementation was a bit tricky for one of them.
Coding Level B:
Time: 30 Minutes
- You are given n coordinates in a 1D plane and the max distance you are allowed to travel d. Calculate the max number of coordinates you can reach starting from 0 coordinate in O(nlogn).
Eg: -20,-5,5,10,15,28 | d=25 Answer: 3 (-5,5,10,15)
Coding Questions were simple. Time was very limited for aptitude/maths questions.
Round 1: Technical round, Problem Solving
Time: 45 Minutes
Platform: Google meet.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Then I was given a google doc, where I had to write my approach and code. You can use any IDE but don’t use any built in functions.
- Given column number in excel sheet, give the column name in the alphabet.
Eg: 1 → A | 26 → Z | 27 → AA | 53 → BA etc.
- Calculate a minimum number of operations to convert string s1 to s2. Replace, insert, delete operation on any character.
Eg: Convert ABCD to AFBGD Answer: 2 (delete F, replace G)
Round 2 and 3: Technical + Behavioural Round
Time: Almost 2 Hours
Platform: Google meet.
In this round, the Interviewer was an experienced person. Started with his introduction then mine. We had a great conversation, then
- He gave me a question on System design for a Twitter-like app in a document with a lot of specific requirements.
- I gave the basic design for the application which fulfilled almost all requirements given in the doc then we had a lot of cross-questioning. Some improvements are based on system requirements. Things about database indexing and so on for over an hour. (he was impressed I guess).
- He asked me about my internship on Android development so we went on talking about that and he asked me some questions. Eg- Why NoSQL over SQL, Why native android over cross-platform, What did you learn in the internship, What things were you responsible for, Some basic things on Android development, etc.
- Why Navi? What do you expect from Navi? etc.