Natwest Group(RBS) Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
Natwest Group(formerly known as RBS) visited our campus in September 2022 for Software Engineer. There were 3 rounds of selection in the company.
Round 1 (Resume Shortlisting): This was a screening round in which students were shortlisted on the basis of their CGPA and resume. 280 candidates are shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 (Online Test): This round is conducted on Mettl platform. It consist of 6 sections with total of 50 MCQ and 3 coding question. Out of 50 MCQs , 20 were technical and 30 were quantitative aptitude. Technical questions required a deep understanding of basic DBMS, OS , Java, and C concepts. The coding questions are easy to moderate.
- Coding Question 1 : Find the maximum of the total travelling time a delivery guy will take from one place to another. Use euclidean method to calculate distance.
- Coding Question 2 : Find the maximum number that can be formed using given string of digits and atmost K swaps. Only adjacent digits can be swapped.
- Coding Question 3 : Find the shortest substring in a given string that contains all the characters of given word. (Sliding window variation)
42 candidates including me are shortlisted for next round.
Round 3 (Personal Interview): This round is conducted at a Zoom meeting. There were 7 panels and two interviewers for each forum. The interviewers are friendly and helpful. The interviews started with introduction of both interviewers. After this they asked me to give my introduction.
- Explain any one project which you have worked on.
- What is different type of cryptography techniques ?
- Why do we need encryption ?
- Basic OOPs concepts
- Write a query to find 3rd highest salary of employee having ‘a’ and ‘c’ in last name.
- What is the difference between primary key and unique.
- They gave puzzles to solve.
- Give a scenario where you helped your team in completing project within deadline.
- Why do you want to join Natwest?
- Preferred job location and any question for interviewers.
The interview went about 20-25 minutes.
Tip : Brush up basic concepts and be thorough with your resume. Try to be honest .
Finally, the company selected 6 (FTE) and 5 (Intern) . I am glad to be joining this organization as FTE.
Please Login to comment...