Myntra visited our campus on the first day of placements. Before coming to college, they held the first round which was online.
Online Round (First round)
The test was held on CodeGround. it consisted of 5 verbal apti questions each of 4 marks (very easy) and 3 coding questions. The coding questions were:
1. Minimum number of steps one has to take to reach a particular destination. You can take 1,2,3,4 or 5 steps at a time. (Simple greedy question) (15 marks)
2. Some prime score question. I don’t remember exactly, but brute force method hadn’t worked. (25 marks)
3. LIS problem, but the difference between the elements must be atleast a given ‘k’. Only the O(nlogn) method would pass the test cases. (50 marks)
Second round (Technical interview)
The interviewer went through my resume and asked me to explain one of the projects. He then gave 3 coding questions:
1. Reversal of a string without extra-memory.
2. Evaluation of an infix expression.
3. Snake and Ladder problem. He asked me to make a few changes to it, and also to check if it covered all kinds of test cases. Asked me to solve by taking different data structures.
Tip: Before jumping to code the question on paper, discuss your approach with the interviewer and make him/her understand how you arrive at the solution.
Third round (Technical interview)
The interviewer again asked me two coding questions:
1. Rotate a square matrix by 90 degrees in place. She then asked me to modify it for rectangular matrices.
2. Given a social network, how will you say that two people are connected to each other. (Simply apply dfs/bfs and check if there’s a path)
Tip: The questions will seem to be easy, but the interviewer will look at your approach, and how you handle the situation and modify your solution if s/he asks you to do so.
Fourth round (Technical interview)
Asked me to make myself comfortable. Again I was asked 3 coding questions:
1. Given a number ‘n’, find out all the n-digit numbers whose difference of the sum of digits at odd and even places is 1.
2. Addition of two numbers represented by linked list. Be careful to note how the numbers are represented.
3. A sorted array has been rotated at some point which you don’t know and you’re given a number ‘n’. Find that number ‘n’ in the rotated array.
Fifth round (HR)
The HR was very friendly and asked normal questions like:
1. Why Myntra?
2. What improvements you would like to see in yourself after joining myntra.
3. Tell one downfall you faced in your career.
4. How was your previous internship experience (Don’t speak ill about your previous company where you’d interned. Throws a bad impression.)
5. What changes you’ll like to bring about in myntra.
After this round the HR told “Welcome aboard :D” and gave me a bag full of goodies 😛
It was my first ever interview experience and I secured a job on the first day of placements itself :).
Don’t be nervous, and don’t hesitate to present your approach; you may not be very good at coding, but what they see is how you proceed further and strive to come up with a solution. Make your DSA very strong. I prepared totally from GeeksForGeeks, it’s a wonderful site to help you with everything.
All the best guys 🙂 !
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 5
- Myntra Interview Experience
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 9 (On Campus)
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 7 ( Internship)
- Myntra Interview Experience | For Senior SDE
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Myntra Interview Experience for SDE 2 (3+ years Experienced)
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 10 (Software Engineer)
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Senior Software Engineer )
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus For Software Engineer)
- Myntra Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus For Software Engineer)
- Myntra Interview Experience | 5years Experienced for Senior Software Engineer
- Myntra Interview | Set 1
- Myntra Interview | Set 2 (For SDE-II)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)