Given two numbers represented by linked lists, write a function that returns the head of the new linked list that represents the number that is the product of those numbers.
Input : 9->4->6 8->4 Output : 7->9->4->6->4 Input : 9->9->9->4->6->9 9->9->8->4->9 Output : 9->9->7->9->5->9->8->0->1->8->1
We have already discussed a solution in below post.
Multiply two numbers represented by Linked Lists
The solution discussed above store result in an integer. Her we store result in a third list so that large numbers can be handled.
Remember old school multiplication? we imitate that process. On paper, we take the last digit of a number and multiply with the second number and write the product. Now leave the last column and same way each digit of one number is multiplied with every digit of other number and every time result is written by leaving one last column. then add these columns that forms the number. Now assume these columns as nodes of the resultant linked list. We make resultant linked list in reversed fashion.
Reverse both linked lists Make a linked list of maximum result size (m + n + 1) For each node of one list For each node of second list a) Multiply nodes b) Add digit in result LL at corresponding position c) Now resultant node itself can be higher than one digit d) Make carry for next node Leave one last column means next time start From next node in result list Reverse the resulted linked list
First List is: 9->9->9->4->6->9 Second List is: 9->9->8->4->9 Resultant list is: 9->9->7->9->5->9->8->0->1->8->1
Note: we can take care of resultant node that can have more than 1 digit outside the loop just traverse the result list and add carry to next digit before reversing.
- Find the middle of a given linked list in C and Java
- Program for n'th node from the end of a Linked List
- Write a function to get Nth node in a Linked List
- Given only a pointer/reference to a node to be deleted in a singly linked list, how do you delete it?
- Detect loop in a linked list
- Write a function to delete a Linked List
- Write a function that counts the number of times a given int occurs in a Linked List
- Reverse a linked list
- Given only a pointer to a node to be deleted in a singly linked list, how do you delete it?
- Write a function to get the intersection point of two Linked Lists
- Function to check if a singly linked list is palindrome
- The Great Tree-List Recursion Problem.
- Clone a linked list with next and random pointer | Set 1
- Memory efficient doubly linked list
- Given a linked list which is sorted, how will you insert in sorted way
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SHUBHAMSINGH10