We are a Number n and our task is multiply the number with 4 using bit-wise Operator.
Input : 4 Output :16 Input :5 Output :20
Explanation Case 1:- n=4 the binary of 4 is 100 and now shift two bit right then 10000 now the number is 16 that is multiply 4*4=16 ans.
Approach :- (n<<2) shift two bit right
Generalization : In general, we can multiply with a power of 2 using bitwise operators. For example, suppose we wish to multiply with 16 (which is 24), we can do it by left shifting by 4.
- Efficient way to multiply with 7
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Count number of bits to be flipped to convert A to B
- Rotate bits of a number
- Compute modulus division by a power-of-2-number
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- Add 1 to a given number
- Multiply a given Integer with 3.5
- Next higher number with same number of set bits
- Program to count number of set bits in an (big) array
- Swap bits in a given number
- Binary representation of a given number
- Bitwise right shift operators in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.