Given two polynomials in the form of linked list. The task is to find the multiplication of both polynomials.
Input: Poly1: 3x^2 + 5x^1 + 6, Poly2: 6x^1 + 8 Output: 18x^3 + 54x^2 + 76x^1 + 48 On multiplying each element of 1st polynomial with elements of 2nd polynomial, we get 18x^3 + 24x^2 + 30x^2 + 40x^1 + 36x^1 + 48 On adding values with same power of x, 18x^3 + 54x^2 + 76x^1 + 48 Input: Poly1: 3x^3 + 6x^1 + 9, Poly2: 9x^3 + 8x^2 + 7x^1 + 2 Output: 27x^6 + 24x^5 + 75x^4 + 135x^3 + 114x^2 + 75x^1 + 18
- In this approach we will multiply the 2nd polynomial with each term of 1st polynomial.
- Store the multiplied value in a new linked list.
- Then we will add the coefficients of elements having the same power in resultant polynomial.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
1st Polynomial:- 3x^2 + 5x^1 + 6 2nd Polynomial:- 6x^1 + 8 Resultant Polynomial:- 18x^3 + 54x^2 + 76x^1 + 48
- Adding two polynomials using Linked List
- Convert singly linked list into circular linked list
- XOR Linked List - A Memory Efficient Doubly Linked List | Set 1
- Merge a linked list into another linked list at alternate positions
- XOR Linked List – A Memory Efficient Doubly Linked List | Set 2
- Difference between Singly linked list and Doubly linked list
- Check if a linked list is Circular Linked List
- Convert Singly Linked List to XOR Linked List
- Construct a Maximum Sum Linked List out of two Sorted Linked Lists having some Common nodes
- Partitioning a linked list around a given value and If we don't care about making the elements of the list "stable"
- Length of longest palindrome list in a linked list using O(1) extra space
- Rotate the sub-list of a linked list from position M to N to the right by K places
- Multiply two polynomials
- Program to add two polynomials
- Linked List Sum of Nodes Between 0s
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : andrew1234