The multimap::emplace_hint() is a built-in function in C++ STL which inserts the key and its element in the multimap container with a given hint. It effectively increases the container size by one as multimap is the container that stores multiple keys with same values. The hint provided does not affect the position to be entered, it only increases the speed of insertion as it points to the position from where the search for the ordering is to be started. It inserts in the same order which is followed by the container. It works similarly to multimap::emplace() function but is at times faster then it if the user provides position accurately.
multimap_name.emplace_hint(position, key, element)
Parameters: The function accepts three mandatory parameters key which are described as below:
- key – specifies the key to be inserted in the multimap container.
- element – specifies the element to the key which is to be inserted in the multimap container.
- position – specifies the position from where the search operation for the ordering is to be started, hence making the insertion faster.
Return Value: The function does not return anything.
The multimap is : KEY ELEMENT 1 50 1 50 1 40 2 20 2 60 2 30
Rated as one of the most sought after skills in the industry, own the basics of coding with our C++ STL Course and master the very concepts by intense problem-solving.
- Kruskal's Minimum Spanning Tree using STL in C++
- Dijkstra’s shortest path algorithm using set in STL
- Dijkstra's Shortest Path Algorithm using priority_queue of STL
- Prim's algorithm using priority_queue in STL
- unordered_map in C++ STL
- fill() and fill_n() functions in C++ STL
- std::transform() in C++ STL (Perform an operation on all elements)
- Permutations of a given string using STL
- Array algorithms in C++ STL (all_of, any_of, none_of, copy_n and iota)
- Iterators in C++ STL
- accumulate() and partial_sum() in C++ STL : numeric header
- std::partition in C++ STL
- Merge operations using STL in C++ | merge(), includes(), set_union(), set_intersection(), set_difference(), ., inplace_merge,
- Heap in C++ STL | make_heap(), push_heap(), pop_heap(), sort_heap(), is_heap, is_heap_until()
- numeric header in C++ STL | Set 2 (adjacent_difference(), inner_product() and iota())
- Counts of distinct consecutive sub-string of length two using C++ STL
- Graph implementation using STL for competitive programming | Set 1 (DFS of Unweighted and Undirected)
- Graph implementation using STL for competitive programming | Set 2 (Weighted graph)
- How to insert elements in C++ STL List ?
- Delete elements in C++ STL list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.