MulticoreWare Interview Experience for Software Engineer
Round 1: Round 1 was an MCQ exam. The time allotted was 45 minutes and 30 questions had to be answered. There was negative marking for wrong answers(-1). Out of 30 questions, I attempted 27.
MCQs were based on the following topics:
- Aptitude (Quantitative)
- Computer Networks
Out of 99, 28 were selected for the next round.
Round 2: This was a programming round. We were given 4 questions that had to be solved in 1 hour. The coding questions were-
- Matrix multiplication
- Program to write linear convolution
- A question based on graphs
- Another question on the 2D array. The problem statement is:
A room design takes input in the form of width, height, color1, color2 and fills the 2D grid such that first row alternates between the pixels of color<color1> and <color2> with a period of <height>. For each row that follows, the period shall be <height>-<row number>. Note that <color1> always begins the row.
I could solve 3 questions. 13 out of 28 were shortlisted for interviews.
Round 3: There were three rounds of interviews, 2 technical and 1 HR.
Technical Interview 1: The interview started with the interviewer introducing herself. She asked me to do the same. She asked me about one of my projects. I was asked questions on DSA.
- How are linked lists different from arrays?
- What is the difference between stack and queue?
- Discussion on asymptotic notations.
- Then she told me an algorithm and asked me to find its time complexity. It was a binary search, just a bit twisted.
- Two coding questions:
Technical Interview 2: This round mainly focussed on OS,8051 and DSA.
- I was asked about multithreading, multiprogramming, and cache.
- Why is multiprogramming needed?
- What is process synchronisation? How is it achieved?
- I had mentioned a project in 8051 in my resume.
- Few questions related to 8051 architecture was asked.
- Questions on 8051 addressing modes.
- Was asked to write a few 8051 commands.
- What is DA A?
- We then moved to DSA.
- I was asked to explain BFS.
- Write a code to insert an element in a linked list.
HR Round: This round started with the interviewer asking me about my performance in the previous interviews.
- I was asked to explain my projects.
- Were you able to get the desired results?
- Where do you stay currently?
- Are you comfortable relocating?
Finally, 5 people were chosen, 2 for internship and 3 for FTE.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.