You are given Q queries. Each query contains an integer k and a person’s information i.e, first name, last name, age. For each query, we need to output Kth person among them if all person information are arrange in ascending order.
Note: Person A comes before person B if first name of A is lexicographic smaller than that of B. But if first name is same then we compare last name and also if last name also same then we have to compare their ages.
Given: K will always less than or equal to number of person present.
Input : Q = 2 1 aa bb 10 2 bb cc 10 Output : First name:aa Last name:bb Age: 10 First name:bb Last name:cc Age: 10
Approach: The below algorithm is followed to solve the above problem.
- Basically we are given a person detail with each query and we have to tell Kth person if they are arranged in ascending order.
- Basic approach: After each query, we sort our list and just print kth person’s detail. But if we solve the above problem using sorting then time complexity will be O(q*q*log(q)). i.e, O(qlog(q)) for sorting each time and q queries.
- Optimized : We can improve time complexity for the problem stated above.As we know insertion in multiset can be done in log(n).
- So, just make a multiset which can be use for storing structure, and then After each query just insert the person’s detail in our multiset.
- So, this seems to be better approach.Our overall complexity will be O(q*log(q)).
First name:aa Last name:bb Age: 10 First name:bb Last name:cc Age: 10
- User defined derived data types in C++
- C++ set for user define data type
- C++ map having key as a user define data type
- User Defined Literals in C++
- 2D vector in C++ with user defined size
- How to create an unordered_map of user defined class in C++?
- Function Interposition in C with an example of user defined malloc()
- How to create an unordered_set of user defined class or struct in C++?
- Bool data type in C++
- Is there any need of "long" data type in C and C++?
- What is size_t data type in C language?
- Data type of character constants in C and C++
- Data Type Ranges and their macros in C++
- Comparison of boolean data type in C++ and Java
- Conversion of Struct data type to Hex String and vice versa
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.