MTX Interview Experience for Trainee Consultant | On-Campus 2021
Round 1 Online Test (Hackerearth platform):
- Programming questions: 3(Data structures and algorithms)
- Test duration: 2 hrs
Round 2 (Technical Interview Round 1): This round started with a project discussion. The interviewer asked questions on each skill that I have mentioned in my resume. This round mainly focuses on Data Structures and Object-Oriented Programming. Some questions related to HTML, CSS, and SQL were also asked.
- What is sorting? Tell some algorithm of sorting with their time complexities? Implement any sorting algorithm in the language of your choice (I implemented quick sort in C++)? When will you prefer quick sort over merge sort?
- Write SQL command for finding all the student name that ends with ‘a’ in student_name column?
- What is the difference between truncate, drop, and delete?
- Write a program to find factorial of a number
- Swap two numbers without taking a third variable, can we swap numbers using bitwise operation, if yes them implement?
- What is the difference between class and id in HTML?
Questions were easy, I managed to solve all the question, few other theory questions were asked on SQL, DBMS, and OOPs
Round 3 (Technical Interview Round 2): This round was completely DSA based, I was provided with an Online IDE and have to compile the code.
Print this pattern.
ABCDEF ABCDE ABCD ABC AB A AB ABC ABCD ABCDE ABCDEF
- Write a program to find out duplicate characters in a String.
- Given a number find the square root of it in O(log n).
- Find an element that is present in the first array and not in the second.
- Check if the given list is a circular Linked List without using extra space.
- Given the root node of a tree, find the height of that tree.
Round 4 (HR Round): This round was basic, and they were just checking your confidence level.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about MTX?
- What are your hobbies?
- Explain your strengths and weaknesses.
- Do you have any questions for me?
The interview process was seamless and very well managed by the HR team.
Final Verdict: Selected